Given the stakes of the upcoming 2024 national elections, VID should seek opportunities to influence national Democratic policies and politics.
Ed Yutkowitz, Chair
Our National Affairs Committee;
- Identifies emerging issues and ideas with national and international implications.
- Seeks creative solutions for national problems.
- Develops strategies by which VID can play a part in promoting these solutions.
The National Affairs Committee addresses:
- The rise of autocracy and assaults on voting rights and personal and press freedom.
- How Democrats can better craft their message and use local and national media to reinvigorate their brand and promote their policies and politics.
- Expanding Democratic representation in Congress and the Senate.
- Invites expert guests to speak on a variety of subjects, such as public health, foreign policy, transportation, economics (including labor, trade, and changing work- and marketplaces), technology, and culture.
- Provides a national perspective on issues of local concerns, including the environment, crime, immigration, and education.
- Works with state and national Democratic elected officials and organizations to influence and strengthen their policy and communications strategies.
Are you interested in joining this Committee? Have a question? Send your message HERE.