Mental Health and Addiction
- NYC 988 to Talk, text, chat. Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Connect with someone who will listen and help 24/7. In danger or need immediate medical attention? Dial 911.
- NYS Mental Health Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- NYC Well: Free, confidential mental health counseling 24/7. You can call 1-888-NYC-WELL, text "WELL" to 65173 or visit their website to chat with a professional. Services include counseling, suicide prevention, crisis intervention, peer support, referrals to care, assistance in connecting to the referral, and follow-up services. Free and confidential.
- Crisis Text Line: This service provides free trained crisis counselors who can listen and respond through text messages. They operate 24/7. Text "MHA" to 741741 to get in touch. Thrive NYC: 1-888-NYC-Well; online
- WELL Seniors: 1-212-AGING-NYC
- Veterans: 1-800-273-8255
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Virtual AA Meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous: Virtual NA Meetings
- The Samaritans of New York: To receive a Mental Health Wellness Support call, dial (212) 673-3661 and leave a message with how to reach you so Samaritans can call you back the following day at your convenience.
- Additional information regarding mental health programs, facilities and counseling services available in this guide.
- NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE
- NYS Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
- Her Justice Legal Help Line: Call 1-718-562-8181 on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to speak with a legal representative
NYC Department Of Health And Mental Hygiene
Contact the New York State Department of Health with questions and complaints, or to learn about all the services offered by the City, you can also visit 311 Online or download the 311 Mobile App.
- Submit a Rodent complaint
- Submit a Restaurant, Food Poisoning or Mobile Food Vendor complaint
- Submit an Indoor Air Quality complaint
- Submit a Smoking complaint
- Submit a Nursing Homes complaint
- Submit a Health Facilities complaint
Mayor’s Office of People with Disabilities
100 Gold Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038
Provides transportation to people with disabilities who are unable to use bus or subway service for their trips.
NYC Department of Aging Senior Services
2 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10007
The Center for Hearing and Communication
50 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10004
The center provides hearing testing, hearing aid fitting, speech therapy and mental health counseling for those who are hard of hearing or deaf. All of the therapists are sign language fluent. Mental health services include psychiatric evaluation, individual, couple, family and group therapy, medication consultation and maintenance, psychological and educational evaluations of adults and adolescents, crisis intervention, parenting counseling and support, case management services, information and referral.
Lighthouse InternationalNational Association of the Visually Handicapped
22 W. 21st St.
New York, NY 10010
212.889.3141 [email protected] www.navh.org
New York Blood Center: 800-933-2566