Housing Assistance

DIAL 311 for the Tenants Rights HotlineIf you are facing eviction and unable to afford an attorney, you may be eligible for free legal assistance according to New York City’s Right to Counsel Law.  Your initial step is to call 311, say that you are a New York City tenant and that you are facing eviction and need Right to Counsel assistance. 

VID’s tenant counseling sessions (Tenant’s Clinic) have folded into the Housing Clinic run by City Councilmember Erik Bottcher.  Call Councilmember Bottcher’s office at 212-564-7757 to set up an appointment.

New York Housing Authority (NYCHA) 

NY Housing Connect (Affordable Housing Connection)

NYC Rent Guidelines Board

DA Housing and Tenant Protection Services/Helpline Information

Mobilization for Justice Advocacy & Legal Services

Housing Court Answers
Call: 212.962.4795.  A wide range of information regarding housing issues, mostly for tenants, some for landlords, including recent informational videos and notices of forums and workshops

Metropolitan Council on Housing
339 Lafayette Street, #301
New York, NY 10012

Hotline (Monday-Wednesday-Friday 1:30-5 p.m.)

New York City Housing Authority
Termination Hearings Office
250 Broadway, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10007
Thursdays 1 pm to 5pm

111 Centre Street
New York, NY, 10013 Second Floor
Clerk's Office- Room 225
Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm, Friday 9 am to 1 pm (Maybe closed between 1pm and 2pm)